Sunday, March 21, 2010

Could I Ask You A Favor?

I took this picture of my friend, Kay, and me tonight when I was visiting her at the hospital. I met Kay when I was eight years old. She is and has been a faithful friend all of my life, was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and is now a friend to my husband and children. Kaylynn is a very special girl, and I love her soooo much!

Since you are reading this blog, could I ask you a favor? Could you take a moment to pray for my dear friend, Kaylynn. She is in the hospital again. Usually when I visit Kay, she just talks and talks. And, even though I can't understand hardly anything she says, I enjoy listening to her and watching her facial expressions. I listen "hard" and try to piece together what she might be talking about. Well, the last few days, Kay has been very subdued. She doesn't hardly talk and only answers my many questions with one-word answers. She definitely wants to go home! When I left her room Friday night, I cried all the way to my car 'cause I felt sooo sad for her.

Please pray for God to touch Kaylynn's body and heal her of this infection. Please pray also that God would show me how to be an encouragement to Kay and bring her a little bit of happiness. Hey, fellow bloggers, any ideas in that area? Tonight I did ask the nurse if I could push her around the hallways a bit in her wheelchair. They were somewhat hesitant, but ended up letting me. Hopefully, it brought her a little bit of joy.

Well, thank you for your prayers for my dear friend (and for me, too!).

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I'm praying for Kaylynn and her family. I met her in 1992 at my parents' church in Shingletown when she was part of the Mountain Jewels ranch; they sang one night.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I will be sure and pray for Kay! What a blessing you surely are in her life, and I will pray for peace in her journey. Is she battling a disease right now? I don't want to be nosy, just concerned. Prayers are coming her way! Love, Denise :-)

    ReplyDelete