Friday, April 8, 2011

A Love/Hate Relationship


You love me and you hate me – how can that be?


The other night when I saw you enter the door at Starbucks, I nudged Peppermint Mocha and said, “Move aside; you’ve had her all winter. It’s spring, and I am now her choice of drink.” You didn’t disappoint me when you ordered – “A grande black sweetened ice tea”. I was beside myself with the excitement of a renewed relationship. You thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship with your friend Becky as you slowly sipped my delicious, sweet taste. You reminded yourself how refreshing I am. You even talked about how much you love me during the course of the various conversations. I was feeling soooo loved.


Then at 1:37 a.m. (when you had never been asleep yet) you “changed your tune”. I contained too much caffeine and sugar, and I was keeping you awake. I was the reason you got up five times in the night to use the bathroom. You vowed several times to never drink me again at night. I was devastated! How could the love turn to hatred so quickly.


I tried to reason with you. Peppermint Mocha is just as bad, but I guess you used to drink that in the mornings with Becky. You assured me you would not drink that at night either! Apparently this Becky lady got a job which put an end to your morning meetings at Starbucks. So, she is the cause of the downfall of our Spring/Summer relationship!


You probably don’t want to come in by yourself some morning, but why not take a trip through the drive-through? We could take a ride together in the car and try to make our relationship work. You love me too much to let it go!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Loved the creative writing. Plus the drink sounds delicious. Would it be considered two timing if I asked it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...you are so silly and so cute. Thanks for the chuckles.

    ReplyDelete