Friday, June 17, 2011

Good Friends Sometimes Come In Threes

I am EXTREMELY blessed to have many wonderful friends in my life, and I enjoy spending time with each one of them. Recently, I realized that some of my good friends come in "threes".

I used to work with Audrey, Kim, and Patty at North Valley Baptist Church. We had some really fun times and great memories of those years of working together. Life is sooo busy, and we don't get together as often as I would like. We still get together for our birthdays, and we always have a great time and typically "close the restaurant". Good thing restaurants don't charge rent by the hour on their booths. We would be broke! Also, you wouldn't want to be sitting anywhere near us because we laugh sooooo loud and sooooo hard (and later we can't even remember what we laughed so hard about).

Here's 3 more precious friends that I used to work with at NVBC - Mary Ann, Sheila, and Dixie. I literally watched their children grow up and love each one of them and their kids. We try to get together every other month to "catch up" on each other's lives. Last month we got together at Mary Ann's house, and she fixed us her famous Chinese Chicken Salad that she made so often for our luncheons when we worked together. We have shed many tears and celebrated many milestones together over the years.

What can I say about these wonderful ladies - Becky, Karla, and Kim. I have known Kim and Karla for many years, and God brought Becky into my life about 9 years ago and she's became my best buddy! We meet once a month (and take turns picking the restaurant). We never leave lunch without getting our calendars out and planning the next time to meet. It's neat because we take turns sharing about what's going on in our lives and our kids' lives. I know I can count on these ladies to pray for me, and I pray for them also.

And, last but not least, I meet with Carmen, Debbie, and Linda the first Friday of each month for breakfast at Marie Callender's. You can't bet their $4.99 breakfast! :0) We spend time catching up on all the news. This month, Carmen told us all about her son's wedding, and Linda shared her news about becoming a grandma again (her daughter, Shannon, is having a baby in December).


A big thank you to Audrey, Kim S., Patty, Sheila, Mary Ann, Dixie, Becky, Karla, Kim F., Debbie, Carmen, and Linda for their friendship! I love you all sooooooo much!

Thank you, also, to all my other friends who live near and far that are not mentioned in this post! Each of you are so special to me and have touched my life in a different way! God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Blessed with friends! A true treasure! I am really glad to see you each month too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed! Love, Jill (a far away friend)

    ReplyDelete