Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What Do You Do All Day?

Since I don't work full-time, I am sometimes asked the question, "What do you do all day?" This happened to me just recently. Well, here was today's schedule:

Trip 1 -- Redding to Palo Cedro
Drove Lyle to school

Trip 2 -- Palo Cedro to Redding
Drove home from taking Lyle to school

Trip 3 -- Redding to Palo Cedro
Drove out to school to pick Lyle up for an orthodontist appointment

Trip 4 -- Palo Cedro to Redding
Brought Lyle into Redding to the orthodontist

Trip 5 -- Redding to Palo Cedro
Took Lyle back out to school

Trip 6 -- Palo Cedro to Redding
Drove home from taking Lyle back to school

Trip 7 -- Redding to Palo Cedro
Picked Lyle up from school

Trip 8 -- Palo Cedro to Redding
Drove Lyle into Redding to the orthodontist

In between those trips, my Mom and I made a trip to the Redding City Dump, came home and loaded up the truck and made a trip to the Salvation Army. I also sat at the orthodontist for over 2 hours, typed a letter, wrote 7 thank you notes, did 2 loads of laundry, and drove to Shasta Bible College to stuff 50 envelopes with Women's Retreat Brochures.

And...it's only 4:30 p.m. I still have dinner to cook, the kitchen to clean up after dinner, another load of laundry to do, help Lyle study for a History test, drive Lyle to Youth Group, and pick him up from Youth Group.

Please tell me when I would have had time to work today!!

Granted, not all days are like this one, but believe me when I say, "This part-time working girl is not sitting around watching soap operas...

and eating bon bons..."

1 comment:

  1. My advice is take out some oil stock. Whew! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete