Friday, August 5, 2011

I LOVE weddings!!!!

I must admit, I LOVE, LOVE weddings and have since I was a little girl. During my lifetime, I have had the privilege of being a bridesmaid/maid of honor in 13 weddings ; and, of course, finally a bride!!

Weddings are a celebration, pure and simple. It’s two people coming together, two families coming together, two lives coming together! There is no bittersweet in a wedding, only joy, laughter, and love. What’s better than that? Weddings are an opportunity to see two people profess their love to one another in a public setting. What anticipation there is waiting to see the dress, the decorations, the flowers, and the cake. I love EVERY little detail!

After being kind of out of the "wedding scene" for a few years, I am entering a new phase in my life -- my friends' children are now getting married. MORE WEDDINGS!! HURRAY!!

On June 4th, we attended Garrett Diehl's wedding at the Grover Ranch in Anderson. I met Garrett's mom, Carmen, when I was in 8th grade, and we have been good friends ever since. (I was in Jim and Carmen's wedding.)


I'm sure we will talk about this wedding for years to come because it was unlike any wedding I had ever been to before -- it was outside and pouring down rain!! Thank you very much, Mother Nature! :0( But, you would have never known by the bride and groom. They took the weather in stride and had a blast!!! I am sure they will "weather the storms of life" with that same upbeat attitude!


Carmen made this gluten-free wedding cake for her new daughter-in-law, Jen. The rest of us enjoyed cupcakes! And, yes, I ate three cupcakes from the cupcake tower (shhhhhhh, there were still plenty left over and they were yummy!).


Have you ever tried to eat dinner AND hold an umbrella at the same time? I'm here to tell you, it can be done!


Tomorrow...wedding #2 of the summer of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment