Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wedding #2 -- Same, But Different

The first wedding we attended this summer (see post below), we were wet from the rain! Well, at wedding #2, we were wet from SWEAT!! I know, gross detail!! But, seriously, who gets married at 1:30 in the afternoon in Redding, CA in July at Shasta Dam??? Of course, that would be Rich Schneck!!

Rich and Marsha went to Shasta High School together, and they reconnected at a reunion. Long story short, they started communicating, Marsha moved back to Redding from Alaska, and Rich finally bought a ring and proposed!

We have known Rich for about 30 years. Bob and Rich served on the Deacon Board together for years at North Valley Baptist Church. I worked at NVBC/NVCS with Rich for years. The Schnecks babysat Hilary for me for many months while I worked two days a week, and Rich has taught both of my kids in school. Needless to say, we LOVE Rich.

What a fun wedding! We were able to visit with people we had not seen for years, catch up with former North Valley Christian School kids, enjoy Pat Karch's singing and keyboard playing (which I miss), and witness the love and happiness of Rich and Marsha.


Unfortunately, my husband and children DO NOT share my love for weddings!!! So, most of the time I am "going solo", but this was one wedding we attended together as a family, and I LOVED that!

Here's a picture of Mr. Schneck with the kids who will be seniors this year at Redding Christian High School where Rich teaches:


And the last picture...it literally melted my heart to see Rich so happy! This was a cool picture that Lyle took with Hannah Williamson making a heart shape with her hands. LOVED IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment