Saturday, January 5, 2013

Reunited and It Feels So Good

My friends, Bill and Charlotte Johnson
As we go through life, we meet many people in elementary school, high school, at college, at church or at a place of employment. It can be a challenge to keep in touch with everyone, and I must admit that I have not put forth the effort to do it. 

On Tuesday night, I got together with two people who are very, very special to me.  I have not seen Bill and Charlotte Johnson in 15 years, but I think about them often.  We spent from 4:30 to 11:30 p.m. (yes, seven glorious hours) reminiscing about the good times, laughing over shared stories and memories, and updating one another on our lives.  I left feeling content and joyful.  There was something very fulfilling about reconnecting after all those years. 

I'm not sure what it is.  Maybe it's the renewed feeling of "being connected" again, the joy of being around people that know where you've come from, and also probably a little bit of letting go of the "I wish I had" guilt about staying in touch. 

I think I'm on a mission in 2013 to reunite with old friends!

1 comment:

  1. That is so great! Bill and Charlotte look amazing! Happy that you got a nice long visit!

    ReplyDelete