Friday, February 5, 2010

Simple Pleasures


Recently, I was reading someone's blog about simple pleasures. They say the best things in life are free, and simple pleasures prove that statement is true. I decided to take time out to make a list of some of my simple pleasures. What a great reminder of all the wonderful things in my life. Here's just a few:

Hot cocoa on a cold, rainy day

Finding money in your coat or pants pocket

Going to bed on a Friday night,
knowing I don't have to get up until I wake up
(NO ALARM!!)

Pepsi (with lots of ice) in a glass with a straw

Meeting friends for coffee, lunch,
or sometimes "a girls' night out"

Snuggled up under a blanket on a rainy day
with a fire in the fireplace
and reading a great romance book

Laughing until I cry

Waking up a couple of hours before the alarm will go off
and realizing I can go back to sleep

Looking at old pictures
or talking about old times with a friend

Finding a close parking spot at Walmart

Cards and notes sent via snail mail

Yummy smelling candles burning

Staying in my PJ's for awhile on Saturday morning
while I enjoy a cup of coffee

Clean sheets on my bed

Opening the windows on a Spring day to air out the house

A Sunday afternoon nap

Singing at the top of my lungs
while in the car or cleaning house
( always when I'm alone :0) )

BIG hugs from my teenagers
(without have to ask for one!) :0)

What are some of your simple pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment