I have a new (well, new to me) car!!!! It is a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero. It only has 31,000 miles on it and looks brand new (both inside and outside). I don't think anyone I had ever even sat in the back seat. The car belonged to my Moma's friend, Pauline. Unfortunately, at age 84, she had to give up driving because of poor eyesight.
What do I love about my new car? EVERYTHING!!!
- It's sporty looking (unlike my station wagon)!
- It's a "cookie cutter" car. It doesn't stand out in a parking lot. Believe it or not, I would have people say to me, "How was Target?" To which I would respond, "I didn't see you at Target." Then they would respond, "Well, I saw your car."
- It has a little "clicker" that opens the door and/or trunk with the touch of a button. It's soooo handy when you arms are full (wish I had that when my kids were little).
- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the power windows and locks!
- It has a trunk!!!!!! HURRAY!!! I hated that I had no where to "hide" my purse or purchases in the station wagon.
- It has a CD player. :0)
- It has a great radio. :0)
- The back seats come down if I want to put something long in the trunk.
- It doesn't overheat all the time!
- It doesn't break down all the time (what a major blessing!). Side note: I know the guys at Keith's Towing are going to miss me though. We were on "first-name" basis!!
We were able to sell the station wagon "as is". We told them about all of its problems. I must admit, having that station wagon taught me a lot about "being content". Needless to say, I didn't cry when they drove away: