Thursday, March 26, 2009

Picture of the Week


When I picked up my first roll of developed film, I remembered why I always hated to get my pictures developed -- I really suck at taking pictures!! Most of them were horrible! But, I promised a "picture of the week", so here it is.

Back in 1999, when Lyle was 5, he was still perfecting the art of riding his bike. He took off down the street and saw a car coming. We had always told the kids to get to the side of the road when a car was coming. He tried to turn his bike too sharp and ran into the curb. He knew he was going to fall, so he reached out to catch himself -- with his thumb!!!

I was sure it was only sprained, but two days later (yes, "Mother of the Year" award for me!) my neighbor convinced me that it was broken and made an appointment for us to see the orthopedic doctor that he works with. The end result was a little tie-dyed cast! Having a cast was fun for about an hour. Then he realized that he would spend six weeks of the summer with no swimming, bike riding, etc. Needless to say, it was a long six weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be waiting to see each new picture each week. That is a few rolls of film!!!! to be developed, so you will be entertaining us for sometime to come.

    ReplyDelete