Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Vacation


I can't believe I am on "Christmas Vacation". I have not had a two-week Christmas Vacation since 1976. I started working right after high school graduation in June of 1977. Even when I went to Shasta College for two years, I would work full-time during Christmas Vacation.

Well, our boss decided to close the office for two weeks this year, so Bob and I are both on vacation. HURRAY!!!! (I will miss the paycheck, but money isn't everything, right?)

This morning, I did two of my favorite things that I rarely get to do:
1. Sleep until I wake up
2. Drink my coffee and read a book in my PJ's.

The thing I won't miss at all -- packing lunches everyday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am really happy for you that you get this chance to relax! Sounds like you got a good start today. Repeat the process tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice is that. You are right, money isn't everything and doesn't last. Enjoy the time with your family. How about popping up to Seattle for a couple days?! :) Sure wish we didn't live so far apart!

    Love you much,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete