Tuesday, August 25, 2009

25 Years of Marriage

May 10, 1983 started the best day of the rest of my life. I had my first date with Bob Jones. He prepared a picnic dinner (which we ate by the river behind the Redding Convention Center) and then we attended an All-Church Skate Party. We got to know each other more as we spent time together and shared our childhood stories, our likes and dislikes, and our dreams and hopes. Becoming best friends strengthened our relationship and grew into a love you only dream about. On November 20, 1983, he totally surprised me (he never even mentioned the word “marriage” once) with an engagement ring.

On August 25, 1984, we vowed, before God, our family, and friends, to “take each other to be my husband/wife, to have and to hold from this day forward,

for better or for worse (Being married isn’t always easy, and Bob and I do not have a perfect marriage. Yes, there have been many “worse” times mixed in with the “better”.)

for richer or for poorer (We haven’t experienced the “richer” part yet :), but we have certainly experienced the “poorer” part.)

in sickness and in health (between the two of us we have had 8 surgeries over the last 25 years ,and Bob’s ongoing health issues have taught us to life each day to the fullest.)

to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

And here we are 25 years later…

25 years of marriage -- This is a big milestone in our life! Happy Anniversary, Bob!! I love you bunches!

P.S. Someone said this is our "golden anniversary" because we are married 25 years on the 25th!!

4 comments:

  1. I did not realize this would be your 25th anniversary. Congratulation and Happy Anniversary. We should have celebrated with a big party and acknowledgement of the milestone you have accomplished which is so rare these days. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW!! Happy 25th!! Scott and I had our first date on Aug 31, 1983! I hope you are eating somewhere special tonight! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding pic is so great. You both look SO young! Congrat's on 25 years. We are right behind you next Feb. Here's to 25 more wonderful years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy did I blow it! I totally missed it and forgot it was your 25th this year. To make it worse we were even there twenty five years ago! :) It was a special day for sure. We love you guys. I hope your day was very special!! You are both special to us! Love you, Judy

    ReplyDelete