Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Look Who Came To Visit

Whenever I count my many blessings, I am sooo very thankful for good friends who are like family to me. I met the Kesslers when I was 14 years old, and we have been good friends every since. I grieved the day, 25 years ago, that they moved to Alaska.

Cedric and JoAnn came "outside" (that's what Alaskans call coming to the lower 48 states) to attend Cedric's class reunion from Dunsmuir High School. We have had such a great time visiting with them. Our days have included sitting around my Mom's table for hours, laughing and reminiscing...eating out...shopping, shopping, and more shopping...Starbucks coffee every day..."Auntie JoAnn" spoiling us...and Cedric (BLESS HIS HEART!!!) doing some repairs/painting for my Mom. Here's a picture of us at Outback enjoying a delicious steak dinner:

One of the reasons I was excited for the Kesslers to come to Redding was to see my kitchen table that they graciously bought for me. I had dreamed of having a 50's diner table for sooooo many years, and I have to admit that I thought I would never have one. Well, thanks to the Kesslers, that dream became a reality a couple of years ago. Isn't it great????


If you think Redding doesn't have the greatest shopping or restaurants, you should hang out with someone from Alaska (that doesn't live in Anchorage or Fairbanks). It gives you a new appreciation for all our stores and restaurants!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the Kessler's in years! Thanks for sharing your time via the blog. I also love your diner table. How adorable!

    ReplyDelete